Monday, November 17, 2008

Referee's Survival Guide Booksigning

Jeffrey Caminsky, a veteran soccer official, appeared at the Novi soccer referee recertification clinic on Saturday, November 15, 2008, signing copies of The Referee's Survival Guide, his acclaimed book on soccer officiating. Two complimentary copies of the book were awarded to the two youth officials who received the highest score on their recertification test, and other copies were available for referees who wanted to purchase them.

"I always like to help younger officials to rise through the ranks," said Caminsky, a state referee emeritus and former club assignor for the Michigan Wolves and Hawks. "One of my proudest achievements was to see two of my kids acknowledged as the 'Young Referee of the Year,' and part of the reason I wrote my soccer book was to help new officials learn some of the tricks of the trade more quickly than I managed, during my early years as a referee."

The Referee's Survival Guide is available online at Amazon, as well as directly from the publisher. The book will be available soon from Official Sports International, the world's largest referee supply company, which recently completed an agreement with the publisher to stock the book on its website.

No comments: